Sunday, January 5, 2014

Restored Sophistication for a Breakfast Nook

Hollywood Regency. French Farmhouse. Colonial. Transitional. Traditional. Primitive. Eclectic. Moroccan. What's your interior design style?

With a little help from some online quizzes (from HGTV, Real Simple, and Better Homes & Gardens) and Pinterest, I was able to determine my interior design personality. And as it turns out, I have multiple personalities. I appreciate early-American and French cottage interior designs with a dash of glamor. My self-diagnosis:
Restored Sophistication



By taking cues from the past, restoring what we can, looking toother parts of the world for inspiration, and adding a few glam details we arrive at what I call Restored Sophistication.  I love that the word 'rest' can be found in restored as my home needs to be a place of rest, refuge, and relaxation. I also choose the word 'sophistication' with some deliberate thought. Having taste based on wordly experience and intelligence is a much needed element of living with less. To live with less means we must consider the purpose, value, and impact (on the planet and its inhabitants) of every item I own. deliberately and with some thought.  

After purchasing our town-home a year ago we decided to give the kitchen a face-lift. I'll blog about it in detail soon but here's a good before and after. 



Just beyond the actual kitchen space is room for a breakfast nook, or eat-in kitchen. And I have become obsessed with what's possible for that space. I created a Pinterest board dedicated to the possibilities and ask Mr. Less to pick his favorite option. Guess what? His number #1 is also my number #1. Sp here it is, the inspiration for our breakfast nook: 

Via Dalliance Design
I'm looking forward to this project! It will be a challenge to pull off such a beautiful design with a 'less is more' approach but I'm up for it and can't wait to share it with you.



No comments:

Post a Comment